Advanced Car Driving and Motorcycle Riding - Improve your skills
Why Advanced Driving / Riding?
Advanced driving / riding is the ability to control the position and speed of the vehicle safely,
systematically and smoothly, using road and traffic conditions to progress unobtrusively with skill and responsibility.
This skill requires a positive but courteous attitude and a high standard of driving / riding competence based on concentration,
effective all-round observation, anticipation, and planning. This must be co-ordinated with good handling skills.
An advanced driver / rider will always have their vehicle in the right place on the road, at the right time,
travelling at the right speed with the correct gear engaged and can always stop safely on their own side of the
road in the distance they can see to be clear (DSA, RoADAR, IAM, 1997).
What are the benefits?
These are some of the benefits enjoyed by advanced drivers and riders after training with Gloucestershire Advanced Drivers And Riders:
- Increased safety; keep yourself, your passenger(s) and other road users safe
- Reduced risk; using anticipation and planning skills
- Increased awareness; being more observant and using enhanced handling
skills to anticipate changes around you
- Increased passenger comfort; with good forward planning and anticipation,
your driving / riding will become smoother and more relaxed
- More enjoyment; experience the satisfaction of driving / riding from A to B more
smoothly with more time to react to the unexpected
- Greater control; by understanding and knowing how to deal with the various
forces that affect your vehicle
- Increased confidence; learn how to anticipate and deal with expected and the
unexpected road and traffic situations
- Reduced wear and tear; get more out of your vehicle by learning advanced
machine control methods
- Discounted insurance; many insurance companies offer a discount to
advanced drivers / riders
- Save money on fuel; using defensive driving / riding and forward planning
techniques to achieve greater control and better fuel efficiency
- Enhance your CV; gain a professional qualification you can put on your CV
Upcoming Group Activities in June:
SkillShare FREE assessment rides for motorcyclists - Next Session: Sat 27th August
FREE assessment ride with a RoSPA approved tutor.
Discuss riding techniques and improve your safety on the road.
Meet other riders and enjoy a hot drink on us.
Interested? Click Here to find out more or Email email@example.com to arrange an assessment ride